It's really a funny game. I downloaded and played with no regret of spending time on it. The ideas and level design are smart. In some parts it really made me laugh :) Very funny game.
Escape from Zone 64
A turn based funny futuristic tactical puzzle game made for #LOWREZJAM 2017 64x64 challenge.
As a leader of a peaceful demonstration against an oppressive 64x regime you are being captured and locked up in a secret facility Zone 64. There you gain supernatural abilities that would hopefully help you escape captivity and gain freedom from the 64 by 64 pixel constrains.
From the author:
Overall I've spent 7 evenings working on this game, and this is my second finished one. What I wanted to achieve is not an ordinary game that you play on a small screen, but a game where 64x64 pixel space is a feature rather than a limitation. As a puzzle game it may fall a bit short in the department of balance due to time constrains, but I hope you will enjoy playing it as much as I have enjoyed creating it.
- Abilities availability depends on the level.
- Each ability can be used once per level (except for illusion)
- Score is determined by remaining turns, remaining energy and unused abilities
- WASD or keyboard arrows -> movement.
- Space or Left Mouse Button -> skip intro.
- ESC -> menu.
- Right click on character -> list of available abilities.
- 1,2,3 -> abilities hotkeys (Illusion, Invisibility, Switch)
Sound assets attribution:
- blip from https://freesound.org/people/ihatetoregister/sounds/31822/ by ihatetoregister
- New Message from https://freesound.org/people/Davidsraba/sounds/367607/ by Davidsraba
- Death sound (male) from https://freesound.org/people/Replix/sounds/173126/ by Replix
- Knife Slide from https://freesound.org/people/daymonjlong/sounds/344665/ by daymonjlong
- die from https://freesound.org/people/xtrgamr/sounds/259681/ by xtrgamr
- Gun for Loy from https://freesound.org/people/martian/sounds/182272/ by martian
- Auto Assault Rifle/Gun Burst (Outdoor/Close) [Mixed] from https://freesound.org/people/EFlexTheSoundDesigner/sounds/393671/ by EFlexTheSoundDesigner
- Simple Ding from https://freesound.org/people/CosmicEmbers/sounds/387351/ by CosmicEmbers
- Step 11 from https://freesound.org/people/carrigsound/sounds/32637/ by carrigsound
- Gong from https://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/157432/ by qubodup
- Error from https://freesound.org/people/Autistic%20Lucario/sounds/142608/ by Autistic Lucario
- Game Sound Wrong from https://freesound.org/people/Bertrof/sounds/131657/ by Bertrof
- alarm 003 from https://freesound.org/people/cydon/sounds/127708/ by cydon
- teleport from https://freesound.org/people/outroelison/sounds/150950/ by outroelison
- Teleport from https://freesound.org/people/krzysiunet/sounds/345835/ by krzysiunet
- Swish from https://freesound.org/people/Plaintree/sounds/353611/ by Plaintree
- Fist hiting wood table from https://freesound.org/people/aminut/sounds/177611/ by aminut
- JM_FX_Fireball 01 from https://freesound.org/people/Julien%20Matthey/sounds/105016/ by Julien Matthey
- Zap from https://freesound.org/people/jnr%20hacksaw/sounds/11221/ by jnr hacksaw
- triumph from https://freesound.org/people/gvgmedia/sounds/321656/ by gvgmedia
- Electro success sound from https://freesound.org/people/Mativve/sounds/391540/ by Mativve
- Next Level from https://freesound.org/people/drmier/sounds/221357/ by drmier
- aw yeeeeeeeAH! from https://freesound.org/people/Reitanna/sounds/343892/ by Reitanna
- Door close from https://freesound.org/people/soundmary/sounds/117614/ by soundmary
- All havoc breaks loose from https://freesound.org/people/CGEffex/sounds/97785/ by CGEffex
- Night city reverb from https://freesound.org/people/addiesindie13/sounds/393756/ by addiesindie13
- Air Tone London Busy from https://freesound.org/people/constructabeat/sounds/258383/ by constructabeat
- explosion_012 from https://freesound.org/people/dogfishkid/sounds/399303/ by dogfishkid
- Explosion_01 from https://freesound.org/people/tommccann/sounds/235968/ by tommccann
- HTML version addedAug 20, 2017
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you, glad that you liked it. It was a game I made for a week-long jam and it taught me a lot :-)
tweeted about your game. Im gonna tweet my favorite LowRezJam entries